PARTAGER AVEC VOS PROCHES SUR :
Hiring Agency:Embassy Yaounde Position
Title:Chauffeur – All Interested Applicants/All Sources Open
Period:07/29/2021 – 08/12/2021
Time Zone:GMT+1Series/Grade:LE – 10 15 3
Work Schedule: Full-time -Promotion
Potential:LE-3Duty Location(s):2 Vacancy in
Yaounde, CMTelework Eligible:NoFor More Info: HR Section
Hiring Path:• Open to the public
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:For USEFM – FP is BB. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
• All Interested Applicants / All Sources
Security Clearance Required:Public Trust – Background InvestigationAppointment TypePermanentAppointment Type Details:• Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary periodMarketing Statement:
We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.Summary:
The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time (45 hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time upon receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.Supervisory Position:NoRelocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
The incumbent operates safely and efficiently an unarmored U.S. Government-owned or leased motor vehicle to transport passengers and/or cargo. Works as messenger as directed.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: At least three years of professional driving experience is required. Experience must have been with an international organization, large institution, or automotive fleet company.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have a good working knowledge of the city and its environs, including driving routes and traffic patterns. Must be familiar with the location of hospitals, police and fire stations within the city and its immediate surroundings. Education Requirements:
- Completion of Primary School is required.
LANGUAGE: Limited knowledge (Reading/Writing/Speaking) of English and French are required. This may be tested.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must hold a valid driver’s license category B, C and D. Must have the ability to read maps and plan driving routes. Must have good verbal communication skills, and an ability to handle all persons with professionalism and discretion. Must be able to perform basic vehicle inspection and must possess intermediate level automotive maintenance skills. Must have basic computer skills to maintain reports and for communication purposes. Operates armored vehicle with defensive driving skills is an added advantage. This may be tested.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.Qualifications:
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass U. S. Embassy issued medical and security certifications
Benefits and Other Info
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Cameroon may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.Other Information:
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a U. S. Embassy issued Security clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.Required Documents:
In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- Residency and/or Work Permit (If applicable)
- ID Card or Passport copy (as applicable)
- Educational Certificate
- Driver’s License
- Proof of required experience
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Cameroon. Back to top