PARTAGER AVEC VOS PROCHES SUR :
RÉSUMÉ DE L’OFFRE
Type de contrat:CDD renouvelable
DESCRIPTION DE L’OFFRE
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB ADVERT FOR THE RECRUITMENT OF AN TECHNICAL ADVISOR FOR BACKUP HEALTH FOR THE REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH SUPPORT PROJECT THE DEUTSCHE GESELLSCHAFT FÜR INTERNATIONALE ZUSAMMENARBEIT (GIZ) GmbH IN YAOUNDE
BACKUP health is mandated to support governmental and civil society partners to leverage funding from global (health) financing mechanisms for the strengthening of their health systems. To achieve this goal, the project will collaborate with partners in four focus countries (Cameroon, Kyrgyzstan, Malawi and Nigeria) primarily on three main areas:
Strengthen national coordination of global health financing: to ensure that the management (planning and implementation) of globally financed programmes is coordinated and based on national strategies, and in turn leads to health services that are targeted towards group-specific needs;
Strengthen capacities of selected institutions in the partner countries to set and achieve health-system strengthening priorities in connection with global financing: these priorities may include improved human resource competencies for strengthening health systems and improved organisational competencies for managing global financing, such as data, financial and risk management, as well as the technical capacities required for specific health systems functions.
Improve the management of health services at the decentralized level particularly about the integration of globally financed programmes: for example, by analysing existing models of community-based health services and using the findings to propose a new model for integrated management of health services.
Participation by civil society, key and vulnerable populations, human rights and gender equality are critical factors for programme success and serve as cross-cutting topics for the project.
BACKUP Health seeks to employ a qualified technical advisor who will work in close collaboration with the BACKUP team (in country and headquarter) as well as the Bilateral Programme team
The technical advisor has the following core responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain partnerships with national, bi- and multilateral stakeholders in the health sector
- Provide advisory and capacity development services to BACKUP partner institutions and organizations in Cameroon
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of ongoing Global Fund related projects and consultancies as part of the BACKUP portfolio and also keep track of developments of other global financing mechanisms such as GFF and Gavi.
- Based on overall BACKUP strategy and mandate, contribute to the ongoing development of the BACKUP portfolio and technical assistance approach in Cameroon
In this context, the position holder performs the following tasks in close collaboration with the BACKUP team (in country and headquarter) as well as the Bilateral Programme team :
- Technical advice
- Identify technical assistance (TA) needs and opportunities for support in BACKUP’s areas of cooperation, such as strengthening national coordination, the health system and the management of health services at community level
- Provide technical assistance based on the identified needs as well as analyze and incorporate cross cutting themes such as community, rights and gender related to the interventions
- Provide technical contributions to policies, guidelines and tools as may be required by programme activities
- Organise, conduct and/or facilitate training sessions in relevant areas of work
- Management and coordination
- Plan consultancy and financial support to be provided by BACKUP based on the overall strategy of the project and specific partner needs
- Operationalize the monitoring framework for the contribution of interventions in the country to overall project objectives and indicators
- Provide technical backstopping to local and international TA providers in his/her field of expertise
- Prepare, attend and report on governance, programmatic and technical working group coordination meetings
- Manage and coordinate BACKUP interventions in the country (monitoring, technical and financial reporting, logistical management of workshops and field trips)
- Plan and support visits from TA providers and BACKUP headquarter staff
- Support knowledge management for BACKUP by collecting and documenting good practices and lessons learned on Global Fund-related processes and TA approaches as well as for Gavi and the GFF.
- Communication and networking
- Promote partnerships and linkages between key stakeholders related to the Global Fund, disease specific as well as health system actors as well as for Gavi and the GFF.
- Support transparent communication and information sharing between all involved institutions and counterparts related to the Global Fund, Gavi and the GFF.
- Represent GIZ/BACKUP in relevant meetings at the country level.
- Prepare BACKUP communication and coordinate public relations through national, regional and global publication of project outcomes (e.g. in journals, news feeds and social media).
- Coordination with the bilateral project
- Coordinate planning, execution and monitoring of all national, regional and district activities jointly with the bilateral project to ensure a coherent and seamless support in the health sector from GIZ.
- Conduct regular meetings with the bilateral project manager to update on progress, report on results and seek guidance on key challenges.
- Integrate into the bilateral project’s regular team meetings and operational planning events.
- Other duties/additional tasks
The position holder
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request by the BACKUP / GIZ management
- Required qualifications
- University degree (master’s level) in an area that is relevant to the program objectives, with a focus on public health, public policy or development studies. A master’s degree in public health (management) would be an asset.
- At least 5 years professional experience in a comparable position
- Work experience in the health sector in Cameroon with public and/or private institutions (e.g. disease control, health service delivery, community development)
- Experience with health programmes financed by domestic and external resources
Other knowledge, additional competencies
- Good understanding of global health architecture
- Experience with Global Fund and/or German Development Cooperation would be an asset
- Highly motivated professional
- A team player willing to take on responsibility
- Strong managerial and organisational competence
- Possessing a positive attitude to change
- Tolerance to ambiguous situations and stress
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to effectively interact in complex cooperation systems with various stakeholders (including senior government officials, civil society and key population representatives, project implementers and beneficiaries)
- Good communication and writing skills
- Language skills: Excellent spoken and written English and French
- Good IT knowledge
- Willingness to upgrade knowledge as required by the tasks to be performed
- Willingness to travel regularly
Expected starting date: 01.12.2020
Assignment Period: 2 years renewable
Place of employment: Yaounde
Closing date: 06.11.2020
Internal Classification: Professional 4T, Reports to Programme Manager
Application submission: Interested and suitable applicants should forward their applications including a detailed Curriculum Vitae (maxi 2 pages), a one-page cover letter addressing the applicant’s motivation and three (3) professional references via the GIZ-CM online recruitment platform : https://gizkamerun.jobs.net
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Important note: Recruitment at GIZ is not subject to any fees nor mediation. Any fraudulent information detected will result in the elimination of the application of the current and future recruitment process. Only selected candidates will be contacted. Unsuccessful files will be destroyed six months after the date of publication.
Postuler sur :