PARTAGER AVEC VOS PROCHES SUR :
Agent de Conformité (Compliance Officer)
Compliance & Risk · Cameroon, Yaounde
Flutterwave was founded on the principle that every African must be able to participate and thrive in the global economy. To achieve this objective, we have built a trusted payment infrastructure that allows consumers and businesses (African and International) make and receive payments in a convenient borderless manner.
The role: Flutterwave is looking for a Country Compliance Officer, Cameroon. This primary responsibility for this role is to serve as an ambassador for Flutterwave’s compliance culture and standards, demonstrating the highest standards of compliance behaviour; and to raise awareness of regulatory requirements and compliance policies. In addition, to provide an advisory role for regulatory aspects across the business, ensuring best practice and adherence to Flutterwave’s compliance and regulatory policies and procedures
What Your Day-to-Day Activities Will Be Like
- Complete KYC/DDF quality assurance for Cameroon merchants and vendors.
- Maintain regulatory licenses for Cameroon
- I) Regulatory reporting and filling.
- II) Regulatory liaison.
- III) Leading related audits and own remediation of any audit findings.
- Ensure Flutterwave operations in Cameroon is in compliance with all regulatory obligation including schemes/acquiring bank rules.
- Build trust with Flutterwave’s Cameroon regulators, acquiring banks and card/payment schemes.
- Consistent monitoring of merchants leveraging monitoring tools & reports.
- Manage and coordinate meaningful reporting internally and externally, respond to information requests and proactively communicate regulatory changes and notifiable events.
- Review and test Flutterwave’s risk and compliance programs and processes. Identify gaps and take ownership of resolution.
- Act as the in-country Cameroon Money Laundering Reporting Officer. Taking responsibility for AML and Financial Crime compliance in Cameroon;
- Support and advise the Cameroon business leads on compliance matters.
- Spearhead the drive for automation of all compliance processes
- To develop, implement and maintain Business Continuity plans for the Cameroon;
- Provide support for the process of maintaining Flutterwave’s externally accredited quality management systems – ISO 27001:2013 and ISO 22301:2012 – assisting when undertaking the management review and particularly the review of the internal audit reporting system.
- Maintain an up to date high level of knowledge and understanding of internal policies and procedures, including ‘Compliance’, ‘Prevention of Money Laundering and Combating Terrorist Financing’, ‘Financial Crime’, ‘Customer Due Diligence’, ‘Treating Customers Fairly’, ‘Complaints Management’, ‘Client Assets’, ‘Anti-Bribery and Corruption’, ‘Conflicts of Interest’, ‘Market Abuse and Personal Dealing’, ‘Gifts, Benefits and Entertainment’.
Required competency and skillset to be a waver
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in compliance and/or risk functions in the financial services industry, preferably in fintech/payments
- In depth knowledge of the regulatory compliance and risk issues Flutterwave could potentially experience in Cameroon
- Practical knowledge of payment network rules and acquiring risk standards.
- Experience with data analytics tools such as PowerBI and Google Data Studio
- Maintains the highest professional standards to ensure the firm is not in a position of risk.
- Credibility, professionalism and confidence to implement best practice.
- Proven “people skills” in terms of developing and motivating staff.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate initiative and confidence in day-to-day dealings with clients.
- Excellent communication both written and verbal.
- Confident individual with a proactive attitude.
- Ability to manage assigned tasks in an assertive, efficient and timely manner.
- Proven ability to deal with confidential matters and with discretion.
- Experience of preparing/delivering training.
- Must be able to multi-task and keep calm under pressure.
- Excellent, proven organisational skills.
- The flexibility to work outside normal office hours as may be required from time-to-time
- Be a national or resident of Cameroon
- Applications must be submitted in English in order to be considered